In September, the Kentucky Career Center – TENCO is celebrating Workforce Development Month. Workforce development services are more important than ever to ensure that all job seekers have the skills necessary to fill businesses’ workforce demands.
Kentucky Career Center – TENCO provides training programs and support services for individuals seeking a career or employment opportunity. We also serve as a bridge for area employers who are looking for talent.
We have numerous programs that guide individuals into in-demand careers, and we have a small but mighty staff of 70+ professionals throughout northeast Kentucky, all looking to assist you in making this connection. In addition, we have training and support funding to assist individuals in attaining their career goals.
Did you know?
- There are over 500 workforce development boards across the United States, overseeing a network of over 2,500 American Job Centers. In Kentucky, there are 10 workforce development boards overseeing Workshop Development programs and Kentucky Career Center locations.
- The TENCO Workforce Development Board provides oversight and strategic planning for workforce development services and programs in Bath, Boyd, Bracken, Fleming, Greenup, Lewis, Mason, Montgomery, Robertson, and Rowan counties. Board members are representatives of private businesses, local government, non-profit partners, and Kentucky Career Center partners. Our work is also overseen by our Governing Board of County Judge Executives from all 10 counties.
- 1 out of 12 Americans “touches” the workforce system every year.
- The U.S. gained 372,000 jobs, up 0.2% from May to June 2022.
- In the TENCO Workforce Development area we have Kentucky Career Center locations in Ashland, Maysville, Morehead, and Mt. Sterling.
- We served over 8,000 job seekers in northeast Kentucky last year, and hundreds of employers.