Programs That Focus On You

Training For In-Demand Jobs …

If you are looking for your first career or a career change but not sure if you have the necessary skills, we have good news. There are many occupations for which training may be available for you. The federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) provides worker training, on-the-job training, work experience, apprenticeships and individual training accounts. Training is usually offered through community and technical colleges, universities, private for-profit organizations and businesses.

Steps to take

  • Decide what type of training best meets your needs. You can explore occupations at and access information on Kentucky post-secondary schools at
  • Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is the fist step in determining financial aid available to you. You can apply online at or by calling 800-433-3243.
  • Contact a Career Counselor at your local Kentucky Career Center for information on the Dislocated Worker Program.
  • Visit your local Kentucky Career Center for assistance in identifying high-demand occupations, utilize resource room computer, and discuss reemployment services and other programs that are offered through the center.

Funding for School

If you need training to find a job, advance your career or to prepare for a career change, Kentucky Career Center – TENCO can help you find training and educational opportunities. We also can help you get on track to earn the GED, take adult education classes or learn English as a second language.

Did you lose your job to foreign outsourcing?

Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) helps trade-affected workers who have lost their jobs as a result of increased imports or shifts in production out of the United States.

TAA program services and benefits are provided to help eligible workers get back to work. To obtain reemployment services and benefits under this program, the group of workers must first file a petition with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Division of Trade Adjustment Assistance requesting certification as workers adversely affected by foreign trade. If the petition is certified, each worker in the group must then apply for individual services and benefits through their local Kentucky Career Center office​ to determine individual eligibility for reemployment services and benefits.

More information can be found here: