The Right Employees For Your Success
Your Business Needs Talent …
The Kentucky Career Center – TENCO will help you find the right employees and develop them for success. We can help recruit and hire new employees, implement customized training and offer direction on many other employment issues. The dedicated members of our business services team are ready to give employers of all sizes and industries personalized support to build a competitive workforce.
We provide a wide range of talent search and hiring services. We can not only take care of your job posting, but we also can assist with all the details of the hiring process – recruiting, candidate screening, computerized assessment of job applicants’ skills and coordination of job fairs and hiring events.
Employers post your job orders here:
Our On-the-Job Training (OJT) program helps employers fill the gap between an employee’s existing skills and what they need to hit full productivity in their new job. The program reimburses 50 percent of a WIOA-eligible employee’s wages (not including over-time), while they train for a skilled, in-demand job. Restrictions apply in some cases, so please contact us to find out if your business and applicants are eligible for the OJT program.
We facilitate funding for customized training through our partner agencies, making it easier for businesses to develop a better workforce while protecting their bottom lines.
Find Veteran Talent
Incentives to Hire: there are a number of incentives available to businesses when they hire veterans, individuals receiving government assistance, job seekers with disabilities, justice involved and the long-term unemployed.
- Federal Bonding: The Kentucky Career Center offers a $5,000 six-month fidelity bond at no cost to employers or job seekers through a U.S. Department of Labor program that encourages hiring of hard-to-place applicants in eight categories, such as individuals with criminal records or those with poor credit records. The Federal Bonding Program (FBP) allows employers to insure their business against theft, forgery, larceny or embezzlement if they hire at-risk job seekers who cannot get private coverage. The bond covers the first six months of employment and has no deductible so there is no out-of-pocket expense for businesses that participate. Employers also can purchase continued coverage if the worker demonstrates job honesty.
- Tax Credits: Businesses can take advantage of a variety of tax credits and other incentives by hiring new employees. There are two major tax credits that employers can receive in hiring people who have been unemployed: the Kentucky Unemployment Tax Credit (KUTC) and the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC).
Some additional services, many offered at no cost, include:
- Rapid Response, which helps you manage layoffs so your employees can make successful transitions to other jobs, training or education
- Assistance navigating labor issues such the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), affirmative action and Kentucky wage and hour requirements
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) consultation