Today, the U.S. Department of Education’s Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) celebrates National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) with the launch of a new version of the National Clearinghouse of Rehabilitation Training Materials (NCRTM) website.
The NCRTM catalogs and disseminates information and materials for individuals with disabilities and their families, state vocational rehabilitation (VR) personnel and professionals, relevant public and private agencies, and the public. State VR agencies serve individuals with disabilities to maximize their employment, independence, and participation in the community and the competitive labor market.
“RSA is proud of the new version of the NCRTM website and looks forward to continuing its legacy of sharing relevant, accessible, and innovative resources with individuals with disabilities and vocational rehabilitation professionals,” said Carol Dobak, RSA Acting Deputy Commissioner, delegated the authority to perform the functions and duties of the Commissioner. “RSA is pleased to release an improved version of the NCRTM website to better meet their needs.”
The new version of the website is a result of user feedback collected over the past two years. Users can view information in a simplified layout, share information with colleagues, and find trainings, events, library materials, and resources through improved search and filter functions.
The website offers:
- Services & Programs: For Individuals with Disabilities – Information to help individuals with disabilities learn about the VR program; navigate education, training, and employment; and connect to support services.
- NCRTM Library – A robust library of VR and employment related materials that users can search and filter by topic area, disability focus, target audience, and type. Users can also sign up to receive alerts when new materials of interest to them are posted to the library.
- Accessibility Resources – Tutorials and tips to aid in making digital materials accessible for individuals with disabilities.
- Trainings & Events – A catalog of VR and employment related trainings and events to build VR knowledge and skills. Users can search and filter by type, topic area, and disability focus.
- RSA Funded & Other Resources – A directory of profiles of and links to RSA-funded projects, Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) federal partners, research databases, and other resources that users can search and filter by type and disability focus.