The Kentucky Office of Unemployment Insurance (OUI), in partnership with the Kentucky Office of the State Treasurer, will begin issuing unemployment insurance benefit payments to the U.S. Bank ReliaCard® starting on May 3, 2021. While you are currently receiving your benefit payments on a paper check, as of May 3, 2021, your benefit payments from OUI will be deposited on either a U.S. Bank ReliaCard or directly into your bank account. Please read all additional pre-acquisition disclosures included with this letter before making your payment choice.
The ReliaCard is a convenient and secure way to receive your benefit payments:
- Payments are automatically loaded to your card.
- You may make purchases, get cash, and pay bills anywhere Visa® is accepted.1
- Funds are protected if your card is lost or stolen.2
If you remain eligible for benefit payments and do not select direct deposit by April 29, 2021:
- Your new ReliaCard will be mailed to you and should be received by May 17, 2021. The card will arrive in a white envelope with QR Code with a return address from Office of Unemployment Insurance, 500 Mero Street; Frankfort, KY 40601
- You must choose a new Personal Identification Number (PIN) when you set-up your ReliaCard.
- All benefit payments starting on May 3, 2021 will automatically be deposited to your new ReliaCard.
- The activation instructions, usage guide, Cardholder Agreement and Fee Schedule will be included with your card. Make sure to read and save this important information for your files.
Visit www.usbankreliacard.com to learn more about the ReliaCard program. If opting for Direct Deposit or for more information about your claim, please log in to your UI Account at kcc.ky.gov, enter your checking or savings account information into the Payment Method screen, linked on the home page under My Account.
- Fees and transaction limits apply. See Fee Schedule for details.
- You are generally protected from all liability for unauthorized transactions with Zero Liability. You must call the number on the back of your Card immediately to report any unauthorized use. Certain conditions and limitations may apply. See your Cardholder Agreement for details.
The ReliaCard is issued by U.S. Bank National Association pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. © 2021 U.S. Bank. Member FDIC.