EnerBlu is looking for a designer to work closely with our team of battery engineers in Lexington to convert conceptual and informal designs into formal drawings, technical documents and plans. The designer’s responsibilities include gathering sketches, drawings and specifications, calculating material and production equipment requirements and assisting in the setting up of production methods. If you have substantial skill and hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software, solidworks expertise, and are familiar with battery pack structural building processes, we’d like to meet you.
Designer responsibilities include:
- Liaising with product and process engineers to gather product and structural requirements and designs.
- Calculating dimensions, weight limitations and requirements in materials.
- Describing production methods step-by-step (including equipment software types to be used).
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Design diagrams, maps and layouts to illustrate workflow.
- Prepare and review rough sketches and review them along with the engineering team.
- Identify potential operational issues and redesign products to improve functionality.
- Ensure final designs comply with regulations and quality standards.
- Create manuals that describe existing products’ operation, features and maintenance.
- Experience in battery and battery pack design (lithium-ion).
- Proven work experience as a Designer or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Familiarity with 3D modeling tools.
- Familiarity with thermal and mechanical FEA.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- BSc in Engineering or degree from a technical college.
- Additional certification from the American Design Drafting Association (ADDA) is a plus.
- Solidworks expertise.
- Familiarity with document control and document control systems is a huge plus.
Email resume to: email@example.com.